Risks of Using Email
- E-mail can be circulated, forwarded, and stored in numerous paper and electronic files.
- E-mail can be immediately broadcast worldwide and be received by unintended recipients.
- E-mail senders can easily type in the wrong email address.
- E-mail is easier to falsify than handwritten or signed documents.
- Backup copies of e-mail may exist even after the sender or the recipient has deleted his or her copy.
- Employers and on-line services have a right to archive and inspect e-mails transmitted through their systems.
- E-mail can be intercepted, altered, forwarded, or used without authorization or detection.
- E-mail can be used to introduce viruses into computer systems.
- E-mail can be used as evidence in court.
ER Express is not to be used for life threatening conditions. If you experience life-threatening conditions, do NOT make or wait for a reservation; instead, call 911 or go to the nearest ER immediately. What does this mean?